Box Set

The life and musings of a single girl with two vaginas.

Friday, September 08, 2006

Relief... sort of

John called! Yay!

All of my freaking out was for nothing. Sort of. We have a date tomorrow night, which although it quiets one set of irrational worries, will probably start me freaking out for other stupid reasons (What do I wear? Do I have sex with him? In one hole? In both? Do I start teaching him tricks on how to get me off in both va-jay-jays?) I know I may sound like a complete neurotic, but I'm not, really. This is the outlet for all of my thoughts, I'm much more with it in real life.

Many of you commented on the fact that I am too attached to this guy after 1 and 1/2 dates. It's possible that I am. It's also a fact that he's the first guy who's kept calling in a while. It's easier not to put all your eggs in one basket (or, two baskets, if you're me) if you're dating/seeing multiple people. But I'm not. At least not yet.

In other news, I have decided to quit my job. I'll be giving notice on Monday. I have some money saved up, and worse comes to worse I have some bartending experience under my belt from my college days that I can put to use. I need to take some time off to think about what I want to do with my life aside from answering phones and writing about my genitals, and sitting at a desk being miserable is not going to help me find the answer. I was thinking about taking some time off to travel, maybe use some of my savings to buy a used car and spend some time driving around to different cities, visiting my friends... or maybe I can go to Europe and be a backpacker for a while. I never did that in college (or ever, really) and part of me thinks that I need to get out and experience the world so that I can more fully discover who I am aside from a girl with a vaginal septum.

I was thinking about what I said in my last post about my happiness being dependent on whether or not John called, and the more I thought about it, the more I realized that basing your happiness on whether or not some guy calls is a pathetic way to go through life. I know that I'll never attract a guy who will love me for me if I can't be happy on my own-- whether or not the guy calls or I'm in a relationship. Sure, it's nice to have someone in your life, but when it comes down to it, you are the only person that you can count on for sure.

And now, to plan my outfit for tomorrow.

8 Comments:

  • At 11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    a set is three.

     
  • At 4:04 PM, Blogger Bob said…

    good for you! some people never do figure out that the secret to happiness is to be happy with yourself.

     
  • At 6:15 AM, Anonymous Bryan said…

    I just randomly stumbled across this blog and needless to say I find your condition (which I've now briefly researched on the internet) to be pretty fascinating. Anyway, some questions:

    1. I believe what you have is the condition illustrated in the bottom left of this picture. Is that correct?

    2. Isn't it possible to have the septum (aka, the wall) between your 2 vaginas removed? Several of the websites I was looking at mentioned that that can be done with a minor surgical procedure. Not that you should do it, because I don't think you should, but I'd be curious to hear what your thoughts are on that possibility.

    3. From what I gather, you can have your period from either vagina, but you only have it in one vagina per month, is that correct? And presumably which vagina you have it in depends on which of your ovaries releases the egg, right? As in, if your right ovary releases an egg, then you have your period in your right vagina... right?

    And that's it. But I may have follow-up questions : )

     
  • At 1:47 PM, Blogger Betty said…

    I just joined unemployment and it's the best thing that's ever happened to me. My job sucked a lot- and I didn't realize how miserable I was until after the fact. Welcome to unemployment.

     
  • At 1:45 PM, Blogger Charlie Eklund said…

    An anxious world awaits the news...how did your date go?

    :)

     
  • At 5:23 AM, Anonymous Gil said…

    I'm glad that you stepped back and let reality seep through. Getting so wound up over a guy after 1 1/2 dates is a good way to see him taking off at the speed of light.
    As for your didelphic uterus, no one can see it, it's not branded on your forehead, so it doesn't exist until you get to do some serious horizontal boogie. Most men would consider it a bonus to have two vaginas to play in. In fact, I could well imagine stroking from one to the other...a real buzz I'd never get tired of.
    You can't let it define who you are, it's just an interesting condition, much more interesting than conditions most people have to contend with, but still just a physical condition. It has nothing whatsoever to do with who you are. So keep that grip you now have and just get on with your life.
    Good luck with your plans to quit your job and travel. I hope John has the maturity to enjoy your condition as an adjunct to your persona.

     
  • At 5:32 AM, Anonymous Gil said…

    I'm glad that you stepped back and let reality seep through. Getting so wound up over a guy after 1 1/2 dates is a good way to see him taking off at the speed of light.
    As for your didelphic uterus, no one can see it, it's not branded on your forehead, so it doesn't exist until you get to do some serious horizontal boogie. Most men would consider it a bonus to have two vaginas to play in. In fact, I could well imagine stroking from one to the other...a real buzz I'd never get tired of.
    You can't let it define who you are, it's just an interesting condition, much more interesting than conditions most people have to contend with, but still just a physical condition. It has nothing whatsoever to do with who you are. So keep that grip you now have and just get on with your life.
    Good luck with your plans to quit your job and travel. I hope John has the maturity to enjoy your condition as an adjunct to your persona.

     
  • At 5:34 AM, Anonymous Gil said…

    I'm glad that you stepped back and let reality seep through. Getting so wound up over a guy after 1 1/2 dates is a good way to see him taking off at the speed of light.
    As for your didelphic uterus, no one can see it, it's not branded on your forehead, so it doesn't exist until you get to do some serious horizontal boogie. Most men would consider it a bonus to have two vaginas to play in. In fact, I could well imagine stroking from one to the other...a real buzz I'd never get tired of.
    You can't let it define who you are, it's just an interesting condition, much more interesting than conditions most people have to contend with, but still just a physical condition. It has nothing whatsoever to do with who you are. So keep that grip you now have and just get on with your life.
    Good luck with your plans to quit your job and travel. I hope John has the maturity to enjoy your condition as an adjunct to your persona.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home